Monday, May 13, 2013

M-Day

Mother's Day came and went. It was overall a good day. I had my family over after I worked, and we enjoyed a relaxing afternoon.

I made sure I stayed off of facebook for the day and I didn't look until evening when the day was basically over. Glad I did that, a lot of people chose to reveal their new pregnancies. Ahhhh....  oh well.

I have a different opinion on mother's day now and I guess it's due to the fact that we are having a hard time starting our family so I can "be" one. While I feel that all the momma's that have children should definitely get recognition, I feel us "other folk" who may have had lost pregnancies, trying desperately to make our miracles, we deserve a shout out too.

What about the women who have tried for years without their dreams coming true? The ones who have  endured pain and heartache, that have resorted to loving their furry creatures as their children? They deserve to feel special on Mother's Day.

I think when you are on your journey to starting a family, all holidays or special occasions are a little hard to get through. Days that are specifically for mommies and daddies, that's a punch to the gut. I still try my hardest to stay positive, focused and keep my dreams alive, despite the fact that my baby still isn't here.

I try to be supportive to those around me who are able to celebrate these special moments. I try to celebrate with them, and it usually works out that I have a good time. Maybe it's the wine?

No, I love the people in my life. My sister and mother, they are my world. I always have a great time when I am with them and I am so fortunate to have family that I love so much. I just look forward to adding to the mix with a little of our own. To spread the love more.... and grow our family.

I don't know what our future holds, I'm trying really hard to be patient in this process. I often wonder what I did wrong that has made it so difficult for us to have a family, but then I take a step back and I just try to enjoy what I have now. I will have a Mother's Day to celebrate one day, and I look forward to that moment. Every.Single.Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment